02 September 2010

Summer has returned...

but not the woodpecker, saw a right old punch up between a wood pigeon and and dove the other evening. Feathers flying in all directions but not attached to a bird. ( didn't know birds were racist). Tried to find some pictures of the birds but too many to search through at the moment, but you have all seen doves and pigons before anyway.
To change the subject, did you get a letter today from HHS? telling you there was no longer a emergency call out team run by the tenants. It seems you now have to ring an 0845 number, but I notice they did not tell us how much those calls cost or indeed how much HHS will be paying for the call center to take these calls. Not that it matters, the rents pay for it!! After all it's only money, ours!

4 comments:

camcraft said...

Ooooh did not think of how much it will cost to call? Is it the cost of a local call? Does anyone have a figure of how much HHS are paying? Do want to thank all those over the yrs. who made themselves available for the emergency call out. I myself, I think have only ever had to use it once in all of the 28yrs. I have lived here.
As the birds - Hope feathers have finally stopped flying and peace reigns again once more.

camcraft said...

Last paragraph should read
As for the Birds .. etc. etc.
How weird - the word verification I am needing to put in so I can leave my comment is 'Joust' maybe quite apt with those 2 birds having a set too! :-)

Anonymous said...

another long break coming up I'm afraid but might have some good picc'is for you when I return

Bobby Hendry said...

great read- interesting quirks with the commenting btw